Kung Pao Chicken + Zoodles
Ahhhh…the fresh flavors are happening here!
If you’re looking for a totally different way to spice up your zoodles, you’ll LOVE this one!Makes about 4 servings
- 1lb. chicken tenders, cut into bite sized pieces
- 5 medium zucchini, cut into noodles using a spiralizer ( Cleanfoodcrush.com/spiralizer )
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- green onions, sliced thinly to garnish
- 1 Tbsp sesame seeds to garnish
- 3-4 dried red chilies, depending on heat preference
For the sauce:
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos, Braggs liquid aminos, or low sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tbsps rice vinegar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsps grated fresh ginger
- 1 Tbsp gluten free flour, or potato flour
- 2 Tbsps water
In a small bowl, whisk together all the ingredients for the sauce.
Season chicken with sea salt and pepper and place it into a large Ziploc bag, or glass bowl.
Add in 1 spoonful of the sauce and combine well with the chicken.
Refrigerate for about 30 minutes sealed, or covered well.
Remove chicken from the fridge.
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
Add chicken and cook until golden brown, about 4-5 minutes.
Add in the dried chilies and cook for another minute until fragrant.
Pour in the remaining sauce over and cook stirring constantly until the sauce is bubbly and thickens up a bit.
Add zucchini noodles to the pan and cook for 1-2 minutes until just tender.
Garnish with green onions and sesame seeds.