Lasagna Stuffed Zucchini
Because its Zucchini Season + Lasagna is THE comfort food of choice!
➡️ Did you know:
Zucchini has quite an impressive nutritional scoreboard – from high levels of potassium, B-vitamins, dietary fiber, and antioxidants, all which offer huge benefits to our overall health.
It’s shown that eating zucchini regularly in place of processed carbohydrates (such as pasta) can even help regulate our blood sugar levels, which can greatly benefit diabetics.
Eating zucchini several times per week can help us with our weight loss goals.
Zucchini is extremely low in calories but gives us the feeling of being full. Therefore, it is a great way to satisfy our appetites without grabbing lots of empty calories or carbs.Makes 4 servings
- 2 large zucchini, halved lengthwise
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil, or olive oil
- 1 small sweet yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 lbs. grass-fed ground beef
- sea salt and ground pepper to taste, about 1/4 teaspoon each
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 2 cups all-natural marinara sauce
- 1 cup ricotta cheese, or cottage cheese
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste, about 1/4 teaspoon
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- freshly chopped parsley leaves, to garnish