A Clean Eating Platter fit for entertaining at parties or family gatherings.
This is a beautiful and super healthy idea everyone will be talking about. 🙂Makes 4 servings
- (1 pound) 4 skinless, boneless chicken thigh fillets
- 1/2 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- juice from 4 fresh lemons
- 4 Tbsps dried parsley
- 4 Tbsps dried basil
- 6 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1 Tsp cracked fresh pepper
- 6-8 cups Romaine (or mixed) lettuce leaves, washed and dried
- 1 large cucumber, diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 red onion, sliced thin
- 1 avocado, sliced
- ⅓ cup pitted Kalamata olives (or black olives), sliced
- Fresh lemon wedges, to serve
- Whisk together all of the marinade/dressing ingredients in a small glass bowl. Pour out half of the marinade (untouched by raw meat) into a jar with a lid and refrigerate to use as the dressing later.
- Add the chicken to the marinade in the bowl; marinade chicken for 30 minutes, up to 6 hours. Meanwhile, prepare all of the salad ingredients nicely as shown on a large plate/platter.
- Once the chicken is ready, discard marinade used for chicken. Heat 1 Tbsp of oil in a grill pan over medium-high heat.
- Grill chicken on both sides until browned and completely cooked through, about 4 minutes per side.
- Allow chicken to rest for 6 minutes; slice and arrange over salad.
- Drizzle salad with the dressing that was stored away separately in the fridge. I use about 1-2 Tablespoons per serving.
- Serve with fresh lemon wedges.