Loaded ‘Cauli & Cheese’ Bake 🧀💖
We’re feeling the seasons change to cooler temps, and that means we’re craving warm comfort foods….or is it just me?!
Cauliflower is an insanely versatile cruciferous vegetable – one that we should all be eating more of!
This recipe is satisfying on so many levels, and one that I like to make when my cravings for something really indulgent are SCREAMING at me!
Creamy and Delicious Comfort Food with WAY less carbohydrates and a bit more nutrition than the traditional cheesy Mac.
Consider doubling up this recipe, and adding it to your holiday table to create an extremely decadent, and satisfying lower carbohydrate option for your guests.
Note: There are many high-quality bacon options available these days. Look for nitrate-free, and humanly raised if possible. We believe there is a place for everything in moderation, and that we can still live a healthy lifestyle without being ULTRA ridged.
We eat bacon a few times each month at our house because it’s something we (REALLY) enjoy!
Makes about 4 servings
- 1 large head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1-1/2 cups unsweetened almond, coconut, cashew, or whole cow’s milk
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt, or to taste
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 1 Tbsp gluten free flour, or Arrowroot powder
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 4 slices nitrate free bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- a small handful of fresh chopped parsley, to garnish