Loaded Roasted Garlic Hummus – Greek Style 🌱🍅
This is basically 4 separate recipes (that go together PERFECTLY)….but don’t let that scare you off – it’s still pretty simple!
We’ve got you roasting fresh garlic in the oven, making homemade hummus, cooking crispy chickpeas on the stovetop, and throwing together a Greek-style chopped ‘salad’.
The results are not only fresh and delicious, but your presentation will be stunning, and super impressive!
Serve alongside your favorite healthy cracker assortment, and you’ll have the very best appetizer at your next get-together!
makes 4 servings
- 1 medium head fresh garlic
- 1 Tbsp olive oil, or avocado oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 Tbsps tahini
- 1 can or pouch (15 oz) chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained and peeled
- 1/2 small fresh lemon, seeded and juiced
- 2 Tbsps filtered water
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp pepper
Greek toppings ideas:
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
- ¼ cup olives, I used Kalamata olives
- ¼ cup cherry tomatoes, chopped
- ¼ cup cucumbers, chopped
- ¼ cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- pinch of sea salt and pepper
- 1 tsp olive oil, for garnish
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
Optional, for crispy chickpeas:
- a big handful of chickpeas from a can, rinsed and air dried
- 1 tsp olive oil, or avocado oil
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
- optional: a sprinkle of paprika