Loaded Southwest Chicken Salad + Homemade Honey Lime Dressing
MAKE it today! Your people will THANK YOU! This dressing is perfectly balanced tangy + sweet… I use it on lots of stuff! Makes 4 servings
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 Tbsps taco seasoning
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil, or olive oil
- 2 large heads romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 pint grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 large avocado, peeled and diced
- 3/4 cup fresh organic corn kernels
- 1/4 cup cooked crumbled nitrate-free bacon
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup crumbled queso fresco cheese (optional)
- 4 Tbsp fresh chopped cilantro leaves
- 1 jalapeno, seeded & sliced
Homemade Honey Lime Dressing:
- 2 Tbsps extra virgin olive oil
- juice of 2 fresh limes
- 2 Tbsps raw honey
- 2 small fresh garlic cloves, minced
- sea salt and pepper, to your taste
Heat oil in a large skillet over med-hi heat.
Place the chicken breasts in a baking dish and sprinkle with taco seasoning. Turn to coat the chicken on all sides.
Season with sea salt and pepper to your taste.
Cook the chicken for 5-6 minutes per side, or until brown and no longer pink in the middle.
Then allow the chicken to rest for at least five minutes before slicing.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl whisk to combine all dressing ingredients.
Place the chopped lettuce on a large platter.
Slice the chicken and arrange over the lettuce. Then add in the avocado and tomatoes around the chicken.
Sprinkle the corn, chopped green onions, crumbled bacon, queso fresco, jalapeno and cilantro over the entire salad.
Before serving, pour dressing over and toss to combine.