Loaded Sweet Potato Rounds
Happy Weekend, Friends!
This is one of THE most FUN things I’ve recently cooked + eaten!
Perfect zesty little appetizers for throwing together during the football game!
Invite your friends over, and serve THESE…no need to feel icky the next day, because these lil’ babies are light, satisfying, and packed full of high-quality nutrition!
Nutrition found in game-day TASTY snack food!
Say whaaaat…YES. That’s what we do here!Makes about 4-5 servings
- 1.5 lbs sweet potatoes, cleaned
- 2 Tbsps avocado oil, or olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup organic corn, grilled or steamed
- 1/3 cup cherry tomatoes, cut into quarters
- 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1-2 jalapenos, thinly sliced
- 3 fresh green onions, thinly sliced
- a small bunch of fresh parsley or cilantro, minced
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees f. and line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper or foil.
Cut the sweet potatoes into 1/2 inch slices, leaving the potato skins on, as shown.
Place your potato slices in a large bowl and stir in garlic powder, chili powder, sea salt, and oil.Using your hands, gently toss to thoroughly coat all sides of the slices. Place slices in a single layer on the prepared baking sheets.Roast for 10-12 minutes in your preheated oven, flipping once, until fork tender and a bit crisp on the outside.
Once the potatoes are done, remove them from oven and immediately top each round equally with shredded cheese, corn, tomatoes, onions, and jalapeno slices. Add about one teaspoon of greek yogurt to each. Sprinkle with fresh chopped cilantro or parsley and enjoy!