CFC Marinated 3 Bean Salad
Okay….This salad is completely ADDICTIVE with all its tangy flavors and textures.
Our CFC Marinated Bean Salad is FABULOUS for parties, BBQ’S, and especially Holiday Celebrations (think: double/triple this recipe) because you can make it the day before, set it in the fridge…then simply pull it out and serve at party time!
➡️ And yes, let’s chat about something really quickly…Many of you know we have 6 kids and I do choose to supplement our grocery staples with canned goods often. Life is BUSY, and a pantry full of high-quality canned options is definitely healthier and more budget-friendly than leaning on drive-thru takeout after a long day. This helps our family dollar stretch, and I feel like this can be a healthy addition to our diets if we use canned goods sparingly and look for those BPA free liners, and low sodium varieties.
Be SURE to rinse off your beans well if using canned.
This recipe works WONDERFULLY with dried beans that you’ll need to soak overnight then cook, and allow to completely cool before proceeding with my recipe below (follow package directions). You’ll just need to plan a day ahead!
➡️ Rachel’s Tips:
Make SURE that you actually love the taste of the olive oil that you use for your dressings and salads such as this, because your salad will come out tasting very much like the oil you use.
- 1 can or pouch (15 ounces) white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can or pouch (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can or pouch (15 ounces) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup pitted olives of your choice
- 4 celery ribs, sliced thin on diagonal
- 1 medium red onion, diced fine
- 1 large bell pepper, diced
- 2 Tbsps wine vinegar (red or white)
- 3 Tbsps extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsps freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 Tbsps minced fresh parsley leaves
- 1-2 jalapeño peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 2-3 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp sea salt, or to taste
- 1/2 tsp ground black or white pepper, or to taste
In a large serving bowl, add in all your beans and olives.
Chop the celery, onion and bell pepper, then add them to the same bowl.
In a small bowl add all marinade/dressing ingredients. Whisk well to emulsify, then drizzle it all over the bean salad.
Toss well to combine.
Cover your bowl with plastic cling wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour prior to serving, or overnight.