Jump to recipe
Spicy Beef Taco Skillet
Get your #TacoTuesday fix + #MealPrep combined! Makes about 4 servings
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil, or olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, seeds removed, diced
- 1 large red onion, diced
- 4 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- sea salt
- freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound ground beef, grass feed in possible
- 2 Tbsps taco seasoning
- 1 cup roma tomatoes with juice, diced
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 cup cooked black beans, drained and rinsed well
- 1 cup frozen organic corn, defrosted
- 2 green chiles, or jalapeño peppers, sliced
- 1 fresh lime, sliced into wedges
- Fresh cilantro or parsley, for garnish
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
Add the beef and cook for about 10 minutes, stirring constantly while breaking it apart with a wooden spoon.
Add in the taco seasoning, onions, garlic, and peppers.
Season with salt and pepper, to your taste.
Cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables have softened and meat has browned and cooked through.
Make some space in the skillet and add in the cooked brown rice, tomatoes, cilantro/parsley, black beans and corn.
Gently combine, and let heat through over low temperature for 5 minutes.
Garnish with fresh lime wedges.
Store in the refrigerator in airtight containers. Can be kept refrigerated for up to 4 days.