Mexican Style Cauliflower Rice + Guacamole
This one’s Flavor packed + Gluten free + Grain free!Makes about 4 servings
Mexican Cauliflower Rice:
- 1 head cauliflower florets, grated
- 2 Tbsps avocado oil, or olive oil
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 2 bell peppers, deseeded and diced
- 3 fresh garlic cloves crushed or minced
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 15 ounces black beans drained and rinsed if canned
- 1 jar (15 ounce) crushed tomatoes
- 2 avocados pitted
- 1/2 small red onion diced
- juice of 2 fresh limes
- 1/2 jalapeno diced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro chopped
In a large skillet heat 2 oil over medium heat.
Add the onion and sauté for 2-3 minutes, until soft and translucent.
Add the bell pepper, crushed garlic, chili powder, cumin, oregano.
Stir everything together and continue cooking for another 5 minutes.
Add the drained and rinsed beans and crushed tomatoes and stir everything together.
Turn the heat to medium high and bring to a simmer. Cover with a lid and allow to cook for about 15 minutes, stirring intermittently.
Meanwhile make the guacamole by mashing all of the ingredients together in a small bowl.
After 15 minutes has gone by, reduce down to a medium heat and stir the cauliflower rice into the skillet until it’s completely mixed in.
Cook another 5 minutes to warm up the cauliflower. Once it’s nice and tender remove from heat.
Dollop with guacamole.
Serve with fresh lime, and cilantro.