Simple Turkey Burrito Skillet
Add this one to your Dinner plans for the week! Packed with flavor and pretty quick to make too! Makes 4 servings
- 1 1/2 lbs turkey breasts, cubed into 1 inch pieces
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 Tbsps avocado oil, or olive oil
- 15 ounce can of cooked black beans, rinsed
- 15 oz organic corn, fresh or frozen (thawed but still cold)
- 2 roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 4 oz can diced green chiles
- 1 1/2 cups cooked brown rice, or quinoa
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground pepper
- 2 limes, cut into wedges
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro leaves
In a large glass bowl, combine the turkey with olive oil, cumin, paprika, garlic powder, sea salt and pepper.
Mix well to get all pieces coated well.
Heat a large skillet over medium heat.
Add the turkey, onion and 1 Tbsp oil.
Sauté for about 5-6 minutes or until the turkey is cooked and the onions are lightly browned.
Add the black beans, corn, tomatoes, green chiles, brown rice, and season with salt & pepper.
You can mix to combine, and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
Sprinkle with fresh cilantro and squeeze the lime wedges on top.