Oatmeal Carrot Cupcakes🥕🥕🥕
Planning on baking this week? With snow rolling in, and the holidays upon us – a hot oven full of delicious homemade treats is mandatory this time of year.
These beautiful carrot cupcakes are receiving rave reviews ever since I posted this recipe on Instagram. They are GOOD, and definitely worth adding to your plans!
Oatmeal carrot cupcakes are truly delicious enough to satisfy a sweet craving (or two…) but also packed with whole food + nutritious ingredients, so GO AHEAD and enjoy a few cupcakes for breakfast too!
➡️ Rachel’s Tips: How To Make Oat Flour
Oat flour is the simplest flour to make at home, using whole rolled oats (old fashioned oats) and your high speed blender or food processor.
2 cups of whole rolled oats equals about a cup of oat flour, or maybe a bit more, depending on how finely you grind it.
You may have to stop your machine and move the flour around with a spoon.
Process for at least 1 minute. You want your flour to be as finely and uniformly ground as possible.
💡 Sweetness factor is a very personal preference, so you may want to use less or more maple syrup/honey, depending on YOUR family’s specific taste preferences.
Makes 12 cupcakes
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1-1/2 tsps ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 Tbsp unrefined coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup raw honey or pure maple syrup
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1-1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups FINELY grated carrots, loosely measured, not packed (about 2 medium carrots)
- 2 oz organic cream cheese, softened at room temp
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsps raw honey, or pure maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans, optional