Jump to recipe
One Pan Shrimp Coconut Curry
We adore One Pan meals! What about you?!
This coconut curry sauce is ABSOLUTELY lick-your-plate good!
Serve with a side of brown rice & broccoli and you’re set
- 1-1/2 lbs raw shrimp
- 2 Tbsps olive oil, divided
- 3 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp red chili flakes, or to taste
- 1 onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk, from can
- 2 Tbsps all natural peanut butter
- 1 fresh lime, juiced
- 2 Tbsps raw honey
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 3 tsps mild curry powder, or to taste
- small handful fresh basil leaves, chopped
- small handful fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped raw peanuts, to garnish
- 1 jalapeño pepper, thinly sliced (optional)
Peel and devein your shrimp, leaving the tails on.
Thoroughly rinse and pat the excess moisture with a paper towel.
Place the shrimp, garlic, sea salt, and red chili flakes into a bowl.
Toss well and marinate in the refrigerator for 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, peel and slice the onion and cut peppers into thin strips.
Finely chop your basil and cilantro leaves.
In a mixing bowl, combine coconut milk, peanut butter, lime juice, honey, ground ginger and curry; whisk well and set aside.
Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
Add in onions and peppers; sauté for about 5 minutes until slightly softened.
Remove your veggies from the skillet, and set aside.
Add the remaining tablespoon of oil to hot skillet.
Add in shrimp and cook stirring frequently until they are opaque, about 2 minutes per side. Remove from the heat and set aside.
Pour your prepared coconut mixture into the pan and simmer on low for about 10 minutes.
Once the mixture has thickened just a bit, add shrimp back into your pan together with the, onions and peppers; simmer for a few minutes until reheated.
Garnish with fresh basil and cilantro leaves, green onions, chopped peanuts, and sliced jalapeno; serve hot and enjoy!