The ULTIMATE delicious side-dish! Pair it with these One Tray Chicken Fajitas for a complete meal.
- 2 Tbsps avocado oil, or extra virgin olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and chopped into cubes
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 2 large fresh tomatoes, diced
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed
- one 14.5 oz. can Diced Tomatoes (no added salt)
- one 15 oz. can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup sweet corn, frozen or fresh
- 1½ cups vegetable stock or water
- juice of 1 large fresh lime
- ¼ cup fresh chopped cilantro
- Extra cilantro and lime wedges, avocado, or cheese for serving, optional
- Heat the oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion, sweet potato and sauté until the onion is softened, for about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic, bell pepper, spices and cook stirring continuously for 1 minute.
- Add quinoa, diced tomatoes (fresh and canned), black beans, corn and vegetable stock and stir to combine.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium low. Cover with a tight lid and cook for 20 minutes, or until the quinoa has absorbed most of the liquid.
- Add the lime juice, cilantro and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with the extra cilantro, lime, avocado and enjoy!