Jump to recipe
One Sheet Pan Mustard Garlic Chicken + Chickpeas & Fresh Asparagus
Perfect for #MealPrepSunday OR a QUICK Weeknight Dinner!Makes about 4 servings
- 4 Tbsp avocado oil, or olive oil, divided in half
- 2 garlic cloves, minced, + 6 additional whole garlic cloves
- 1 Tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- sea salt and pepper to your taste
- 4 Tbsps wholegrain/dijon prepared mustard
- 2 Tbsp raw honey
- 4 Tbsp water
- 4 large boneless chicken breasts, skin on, cut into halves
- 2 cups whole grape, or cherry tomatoes
- 15-ounces chickpeas, drained and rinsed well
- 14 oz fresh small asparagus, rough ends trimmed and cut into even halves
Preheat oven to 400 degrees f.
Whisk 2 Tbsp. oil, minced garlic, paprika, cumin, 1/2 tsp sea salt and pepper in a large glass bowl.
Add the chicken and coat with mixture. (You can keep it in the fridge to marinate for up to 2 hours if time allows)
In another large bowl, whisk the mustard with honey, garlic, water and remaining oil.
Add tomatoes, chickpeas, whole garlic cloves and asparagus and season with sea salt and pepper to taste. Mix well to combine.
Place chicken, skin-side up, on a baking sheet.
Add the veggies bowl mixture, arranging everything in one even layer.
Roast in oven until the chicken is cooked through, 25 to 28 minutes.
Transfer chicken and veggies to serving plates or a platter and spoon the hot mustard sauce remaining in the bottom of the sheet pan, over your chicken.