This week’s delicious Food Prep, baby! 🙆💪 Clean Eating is never boring with colors like THIS! 🙂
- 1 1/2 pounds of shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 red bell peppers, sliced thin
- 1 red onion, sliced thin
- 10 oz asparagus, trimmed and cut into halves
- 1 1/2 Tbsps of avocado oil, or extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp of sea salt
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp of garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp of onion powder
- 1/2 tsp of ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp of smoked paprika
- 2 cups cooked brown rice or quinoa
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine onion, bell pepper, asparagus, garlic, shrimp, oil, salt and pepper and spices.
- Toss to combine well.
- Spray baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray (if needed).
- Spread shrimp, bell peppers and onions on baking sheet. Do not overcrowd it in the tray, either use 2 trays or cook it in 2 batches.
- Cook at 450 degrees for about 10-12 minutes until shrimp is cooked through.
Squeeze juice from fresh lime over shrimp mixture and top with fresh cilantro.
- Divide the brown rice/quinoa evrnly between 4 bowls, and add the shrimp and veggies fajitas on top.
- You may serve it right away or keep it in the fridge in air-tight containers for up to 4 days and reheated before serving.