Jump to recipe
Place your prepared potatoes and parsnips into a large stockpot and cover with water. Add in 1 tsp of sea salt.
Parsnip Mashed Potatoes 🥔🌱🧈
Parsnips are one of the most underrated vegetables and one of our favorites here at the CFC HQ (my family kitchen).
I don’t understand how parsnips aren’t more popular. Does your family like them?
They’re SO good.
This recipe is a really GREAT place to start if you’re wanting to try them out!
➡️ What are parsnips?
Parsnips are a root vegetable similar to carrots, but they are light cream-colored with a sweet, light nutty flavor.
Parsnips are incredibly nutrient-rich; packed with fiber, antioxidants, and many vitamins & minerals.
Low in calories while high in fiber, parsnips make a smart addition to a healthy diet.
You can even make your own ghee for this recipe.
- 1 lb Yukon gold potatoes, peeled & chopped
- 2 heaping cups parsnips, peeled & chopped
- 2-3 Tbsps milk of choice (unsweetened coconut milk, almond, cashew etc)
- 2 Tbsps ghee or clarified butter
- 2 Tbsps fresh chives, finely chopped
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Optional: 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese