PB Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Many nights I just want something light, yet SUPER tasty after a long day.
I’ve found that when the flavors are really satisfying and hit all the right notes (for me that’s a perfect blend of tangy/sour/salty, AND sweet) then I feel SO much more content with my healthy food choices…and more content with life in general…LOLIt’s true! We’re filling you up on FLAVOR, and quality whole food ingredients…It’s just what we do here.
Healthy CAN and ABSOLUTELY SHOULD be DELICIOUS & enjoyable!
Lettuce wraps are VERY quick and easy to make, so I turn to them at least once a week for our family meals. Everyone is always happy, and there are rarely any leftovers when I make these.
I highly suggest using butter lettuce leaves for these wraps, as the delicate lettuce texture complements the complex flavors of your chicken filling perfectly.
Makes 6 servings
- 1 1/2 lbs. skinless boneless chicken breasts
- 2 heads butter lettuce
- 8 oz. Cremini mushrooms, diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and very small diced
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 4 fresh cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp freshly grated ginger
- 3 Tbsps olive oil, or avocado oil, divided
Homemade Peanut sauce:
- 4 Tbsps creamy peanut butter
- 4 Tbsps coconut aminos, or reduced-sodium soy sauce, or Bragg’s liquid aminos
- Juice of 1 fresh lime
- 1 Tbsp raw honey
- 1 fresh garlic clove, minced
- 2 tsps freshly grated ginger
- lime wedges, and cilantro leaves for garnish if desired