Perfectly Roasted Chicken Breast
These turn out perfect every single time, so it’s a really great, fool-proof, super simple roast chicken recipe to keep right next to your oven throughout these upcoming cooler months.
Crispy skin + juicy, flavorful chicken is very welcome anytime at my house. Add the extra garnish and you’re set to impress your dinner guests throughout the holiday season.
If you do not have wine on hand, you may substitute wine for chicken broth as indicated in the recipe.
The wine really adds rich flavor.
All of the alcohol will cook out – so no worries there.
Do not use “cooking wine” as most of those have an astringent taste much like rubbing alcohol.
For best results, use a nicer bottle of wine that one would actually drink because this will produce the very best flavor.
Here’s our Homemade Ghee Recipe and our Homemade Gravy Recipe.
makes about 4 servings
- 2 bone-in full chicken breasts with skin on (about 3 pounds)
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsps ghee, clarified butter, or grass-fed butter
- 1 head of fresh garlic, sliced in half
- 1 a fresh lemon, sliced in half
- 6 sprigs of fresh thyme or rosemary
- 1 cup white wine
- pomegranate arils
- fresh orange or lemon slices
- fresh thyme or rosemary