Quick & Easy Coq Au Vin 🍗🧄🥕
We’ve simplified and added our own healthier spin on traditional Coq Au Vin. But don’t worry. It’s still super good.
Fit for company, yet easy enough for a nice weeknight dinner.
Serve with potatoes or brown rice, steamed broccoli, and a salad.
If you do not have wine on hand, you may substitute wine for more chicken, or vegetable broth.
The wine really adds rich flavor.
All of the alcohol will cook out – so no worries there.
Do not use “cooking wine” as most of those have an astringent taste much like rubbing alcohol…LOL.
For best results, use a decent to nicer bottle of wine that one would actually drink because this will produce the very best flavor.
➡️ Here’s how to make your own ghee.
Makes 6 servings
- 3 lbs chicken pieces, bone in, skin on (I use thighs and drumsticks, but breast with skin work well too)
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 Tbsp ghee or clarified butter
- 4 strips nitrate-free, high-quality bacon, diced
- 1 large sweet onion, diced
- 1 large carrot, peeled and sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 lbs cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups dry white wine
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut, almond or cashew milk
- 1 Tbsp gluten-free flour, or arrowroot powder
- 1 bunch chopped fresh parsley