- 2 lbs white fish filets
- 2 tsps ground cumin
- 2 tsps smoked paprika
- 1 tsp ground coriander seed
- 1 tsp chili powder
- sea salt and ground pepper, to taste
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil or olive oil
- 1 Tbsp grass-fed butter or ghee, melted
- tortillas of choice
- 1/2 small purple cabbage, finely shredded
- 2 medium avocados, diced
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- a handful of fresh cilantro, leaves picked
- 4 oz Cotija or other crumbly cheese
- fresh lime wedges
Creamy Taco Sauce:
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup homemade mayonnaise
- 2 fresh limes, juice and zest
- 1 shallot, grated
- 2 Tbsps hot sauce of choice
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees f.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and assemble your fish filets on the baking sheet.
- Gently pat your fish filets dry using a paper towel.
- In a small bowl combine all the seasonings together with your oil and melted butter. Drizzle this mixture equally over your fish and rub it on all sides.
- Roast the fish in your preheated oven for 18-20 minutes, or until cooked through and flaky. Timing will vary depending on the thickness of your fish.
- Meanwhile, prepare your toppings for the tacos. Thinly slice the purple cabbage, dice avocado, and thinly slice green onions; Quarter the cherry tomatoes and chop a handful of fresh cilantro.
- Add all of your taco sauce ingredients to a small bowl and whisk until really well combined.
- Once the fish is almost cooked through, carefully place the tortillas on top to heat up for about 1 minute. Alternatively you can heat up your tortillas in a skillet on the stove.
- Assemble your fish tacos starting with a warm tortilla.
- Add in a generous piece of fish, then fill with the prepared toppings as desired.
- Drizzle with your taco sauce and serve immediately.
© 2023 © Copyright CleanFoodCrush ® LLC 2014-2023 - Rachel Maser - CleanFoodCrush.com