Quinoa Red Bean Veggie Salsa
Veggie Bean Salsa makes for a super-flavorful side dish at your BBQ, a meal-prep idea, a quick lunch, OR scooped up with high-quality chips.Makes about 6 servings
- 15 oz red (kidney) beans, drained & rinsed of using canned
- 1 cup fresh organic sweet corn, cut from cob (eaten raw is good when the corn is fresh and local!) Or frozen
- organic corn, thawed, Or last choice canned corn, drained
- 1 sweet green bell pepper, diced
- 2 jalapenos, minced + a few additional slices for garnish
- 1 large red onion, diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 small bunch parsley or cilantro leaves (your preference), chopped
- 1/2 a fresh lemon, juiced
- 1.5 Tbsps extra virgin olive or avocado oil
- sea salt and fresh ground black pepper, to your taste
- 3 cups cooked Quinoa
In a large glass bowl, gently combine all ingredients together.
Keep refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 3 days, or serve immediately.