A fresh #FoodPrep idea! 🙌 This Strawberry Salsa is soooo good!Makes 2 servings/bowls
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil, or olive oil
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 cup diced strawberries
- 1 cup diced crisp cucumber
- 1/2 small red onion, diced very small
- one small bunch of fresh mint, chopped
- 1 Tbsp high quality balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees f.
- Place the chicken breasts in a shallow baking dish dish, and sprinkle with sea salt, pepper, garlic powder and 1 Tbsp oil.
- Roast in the preheated oven for about 20-25 minutes, or until cooked through and tender.
- Once cooked , remove from the oven cover with foil and let it cool, then dice.
- For the salsa, gently combine all the salsa ingredients and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- To assemble the bowls, divide the cooked quinoa evenly between the bowls, cover with diced
- chicken breast and then strawberry salsa. Garnish with fresh mint and strawberries.
- Store in the fridge for a max of 3-5 days.