Roasted Chicken + Strawberry Salsa Bowls
A fresh #FoodPrep idea! This Strawberry Salsa is soooo good!Makes 2 servings/bowls
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil, or olive oil
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 cup diced strawberries
- 1 cup diced crisp cucumber
- 1/2 small red onion, diced very small
- one small bunch of fresh mint, chopped
- 1 Tbsp high quality balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 375 degrees f.
Place the chicken breasts in a shallow baking dish dish, and sprinkle with sea salt, pepper, garlic powder and 1 Tbsp oil.
Roast in the preheated oven for about 20-25 minutes, or until cooked through and tender.
Once cooked , remove from the oven cover with foil and let it cool, then dice.
For the salsa, gently combine all the salsa ingredients and season with salt and pepper to taste.
To assemble the bowls, divide the cooked quinoa evenly between the bowls, cover with diced
chicken breast and then strawberry salsa. Garnish with fresh mint and strawberries.
Store in the fridge for a max of 3-5 days.