Healthy Roasted Garlic Mashed Sweet Potatoes
A Holiday CLASSIC that is equally Delicious and SIMPLE year-round for meal prep!
These sweet potatoes and garlic roasting in your oven smell soooooo good!
Make this recipe for your weekly food prep (simply substitute sweet potatoes for your typical healthy carb such as brown rice or quinoa).
The majority of the carbohydrates in our diet should come from nutrient-rich complex carbs, like those found in sweet potatoes and yams.
The flavors in this dish are complex and indulgent enough to serve guests the next time you’re entertaining, but you’re going to want to add this recipe to your regular dinner rotation too!
Makes 8 servings
- 5 large sweet potatoes or yams, about 2 pounds
- 1 entire head/bulb of fresh garlic
- 4 Tbsps ghee, melted
- 2 Tbsps high-quality olive oil or avocado oil
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper, divided
- 1/2 tsp sea salt, divided
- 3 sprigs fresh oregano or thyme, leaves picked