Jump to recipe
Sesame Chicken & Carrots 🥕🥣
Well, this one is just an all-around winner for MANY reasons! Let’s start with the FLAVOR…OH YES! So much flavor happening here! Tangy Garlicy & Slightly Sweet. It’s just SO GOOD.
Secondly, these ingredients are all pretty basic and rather affordable which helps SO much with meal prepping and/or feeding a family on a budget!
And FINALLY, you probably have almost all of the ingredients you need for this carrot recipe on hand which makes this one so easy to keep in your meal prep rotation!
Make-Ahead & Storage Tips
- To Make Ahead. Chop your chicken and carrots up to 1 day in advance and store them (separately) in the refrigerator.
- To Store once cooked and prepared. Separate into single-serving portions. Keep your meals in an airtight storage container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- To Reheat. Gently rewarm in a large skillet on the stove over medium-low heat until hot. You can also rewarm them in the microwave.
- To Freeze. Store leftovers in an airtight freezer-safe storage container in the freezer for up to 3 months. Let thaw overnight in the refrigerator before reheating.
- 2 Tbsps olive oil or avocado oil, divided
- 1-1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into small thin strips
- 16 oz mini carrots or baby carrots, quartered lengthwise
- 1/3 cup coconut aminos, tamari, Braggs liquid aminos, or low sodium soy sauce
- 3 Tbsps raw honey
- 2 Tbsps apple cider vinegar
- 3 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 2 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 1.5” knob fresh ginger, minced
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch or Arrowroot powder
- 2 tsps toasted sesame seeds, or to taste
- 3 cups cooked brown rice, quinoa, or cauliflower rice