Sesame Chicken Stir-fry
One-Pan Skillet Meals are lifesavers during Back-To-School time when everything just seems SO BUSY!
Sports, work, school shopping, teacher conferences, PTA, back to school night, homework, dance class, tutoring, new friend time, playdates, projects…HERE. WE. GO.
And we still gotta eat…in fact when we’re running all day, a nutritious meal while taking 10 minutes to catch up around the dinner table is more important than ever! If you’re in charge of your family’s meals (betting you are since you’re reading this) then I fully understand how daunting and overwhelming it feels this time of year!
When we know that we can get a delicious AND healthy meal on the table in under 20 minutes, then that will keep us out of the drive-thru lines in the evening and keep everyone on track.
And BONUS when there’s just ONE pan to clean!
Happy Back-to-School season 2019-2020! Makes 4 servings
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1 1/2 lbs. skinless, boneless chicken breast, or tenders thinly sliced into smaller strips
- 2 Tbsps minced fresh ginger
- 3 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp chili flakes, or to taste
- 1 lb. fresh green beans, trimmed and halved
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded & sliced
- 2-3 Tbsps reduced-sodium soy sauce, or coconut aminos, or Bragg’s liquid aminos
- Juice of 1 fresh squeezed orange
- 2-3 Tbsps toasted sesame seeds