Jump to recipe
Shrimp Burrito Meal Prep Bowls
Yum! Make a few for Lunches on-the-go this week! Makes 4 servings/bowls
- 20 medium/large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil, or olive oil
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 cup kidney, or black beans, drained and rinsed well
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup corn
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small bunch of cilantro or parsley leaves, chopped
- 1 lime, cut into 4 wedges
In a medium glass bowl, add the shrimp, cumin, garlic powder, paprika, salt and pepper. Toss gently until well coated.
Heat 1 Tbsp of oil in a large skillet.
Add the shrimp and cook on medium-high heat until pink and cooked through, about 4-5 minutes.
Divide cooked brown rice into 4 meal prep containers (1/2 cup each).
Top each with 5 shrimp, then equal amounts of black beans, corn, tomatoes, onion and a slice of lime.
Season to your taste and garnish with fresh chopped cilantro or parsley.
Cover and refrigerate for a max of 4 days.