Shrimp Roll-Ups + Peanut Sauce
When it’s too darn HOT to cook, THESE are the answer. You with me?!!!Makes about 4 servings
- 1 cup carrots, cut into matchsticks
- 1 cup beet, and/or cucumber cut into matchsticks
- 1 cup sweet red bell pepper, sliced thin
- 2 cups cooked brown rice, or quinoa
- 1/4 cup peanuts, chopped
- 10 collard greens/leaves
- 1 lb. cooked shrimp, tails removed
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos, liquid aminos, or reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1-2 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup water, to thin the sauce
In a small bowl, whisk all the ingredients for the peanut sauce. Mix well to combine until the sauce has a smooth consistency.
Trim the stems of the collard leaves – don’t cut it completely off, but just cut it down so that it’s thin and pliable.
Arrange filling the collard leaf as follows: rice, peanut sauce, carrot, beet, cucumber, bell peppers, shrimp and a sprinkle of chopped peanuts.
Fold the ends in and roll from front to back, trying to keep everything in there nice and tight.
Cut the rolls in half using a sharp knife and serve with extra sauce on the side.
You can meal prep the rolls for about 2-3 days in advance and keep the refrigerated in air tight containers.