Sichuan Beef Skillet
This is my current skillet meal OBSESSION!
Our Sichuan sauce is absolute fire and tastes beyond restaurant quality.
Serve this skillet up for the family tonight with some brown rice, and steamed broccoli, then wait for the compliments to pour in!
I highly recommend doubling up the recipe, then placing several extra servings into meal prep containers for your lunches the next few days!
My typical meal prep serving for one quantity:
I add 4-5 ounces of meat, 1/2 cup brown rice, and well over a cup of broccoli into each meal prep container.
If you can find grass-fed beef on sale, then that’s what I recommend using for this.
I’ll often freeze a bunch when the market is offering a good sale price.
➡️ What’s the deal with coconut aminos?!
Several months ago we held an informal “taste-off” (taste testing) with a few CFC staffers in my kitchen. This group included our videographer who is a HUGE “foodie” and will tell you himself that he’s not always making the healthiest choices.
Back to the taste test:
I served each person 3 small bowls of brown rice sprinkled with:
Low Sodium Soy Sauce
Bragg’s Liquid Aminos
The UNANIMOUS win for best taste was Coconut Aminos! Which is AWESOME because I believe coconut aminos to be the healthiest of the bunch if you’re looking to avoid soy products.
Second place was a TIE between the remaining two options.
If you haven’t tried coconut aminos you’re truly missing out! Makes 4 servings
- 4 Tbsps avocado oil, or olive oil, divided
- 1.5 lbs. flank steak, cut into thin strips
- 1 large white onion, sliced
- 3 bell peppers of choice, cut into thin strips
- 4 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tbsp sesame seeds
- 4 Tbsps coconut aminos, Bragg’s liquid aminos, or low sodium soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tsps garlic salt
- 2 tsps rice vinegar
- 2 Tbsps oyster or fish sauce
- 3 Tbsps hot sauce of your choice
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos, Bragg’s liquid aminos, or low sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tbsps raw honey
- 2-3 Tbsps water as needed
- 2 tsps gluten-free flour, or Arrowroot powder
- 1 tsp sichuan peppercorn powder