Turkey on a WEEKNIGHT!?! Yes! It’s actually quite simple, and an underutilized lean protein!Makes 2-3 servings
1 Tbsp avocado, or olive oil
1 lb turkey breast, skinless
1 tsp sea salt, divided
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 small butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch cubes (about 10 ounces)
2 Tbsps avocado, or olive oil
8.8 ounces fresh button mushrooms
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 tsp chopped fresh thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
Instructions: 1. Preheat the oven to 350F.Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat, until hot.
2. Add the turkey, sprinkle with sea salt and pepper. Sear until lightly browned on both sides.
3. Meanwhile in a large bowl combine the butternut squash cubes with mushrooms, 2 Tbsps olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic. Toss to coat.
4. Transfer the butternut squash and mushrooms to the skillet, next to the turkey.
5. Roast in your preheated oven for about 25-30 minutes or until the turkey is just cooked through and the veggies are golden. 6. Remove from oven. Immediately wrap in foil.
7. Let rest for several minutes.
8. When ready, slice the turkey breast, garnish with fresh thyme and serve warm.
Look at all of those colors 🙂 This dish is a great source of protein and Vitamins A, B & C!