Simple Ranch Wedge
Often the simplest things are THE BEST things!
A quick Wedge Salad made of buttery crisp lettuce, drizzled with a creamy + tangy homemade dressing will hit the spot
I often serve this salad alongside a good bbq steak during the summertime or a tenderloin roast throughout the winter holiday season.
- 2/3 cup whole-milk plain Greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh dill weed
- 1 Tbsp white or red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 2 heads Butter lettuce or Little Gem lettuce, thoroughly rinsed and dried
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese, or feta cheese
- 4 slices nitrate-free bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
In a small bowl or measuring cup add all ranch dressing ingredients.
Whisk well to combine, taste test, and adjust seasonings, then refrigerate until ready to use.
Place one head of lettuce onto the clean cutting board.
Using a sharp chef’s knife, cut in half lengthwise, then cut again each half to create 4 wedges.
Repeat with remaining lettuce heads then arrange them nicely on a large platter as shown.
Sprinkle with crumbled cheese, bacon and green onions.
Drizzle with dressing to taste.
Serve immediately and enjoy!