Jump to recipe
Slow Cooker Apple Pie Oatmeal
A warm, hearty breakfast idea you’ll want to make all Winter!
Makes 4-6 servings
- 1 cup steel cut oats (Be sure to use STEEL CUT OATS. These are heartier and take longer to cook so they are great for slow cooking.)
- 1.5 cups unsweetened coconut milk (I like full-fat organic coconut milk from a can, OR SoDelicious vanilla, from the carton)
- 1.5 cups water
- 2 fresh crisp apples (cored, peeled, diced)
- 2 Tbsps raw honey, or pure maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 star anise
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Additional cinnamon or raw honey.
- Chopped nuts such as sliced almonds, walnuts, pecans, etc.
- Fruit such as fresh or dried apples, berries, or sliced bananas.
Spray your slow cooker bowl with coconut oil thoroughly. Very important because this oatmeal will stick…bad…if not coated.
Add all ingredients, besides toppings to your slow cooker – oats, coconut milk, water, apples, honey, coconut oil, cinnamon, and sea salt. Stir to combine.
Cook on LOW for 5-7 hours. Some crockpots take longer and some are pretty fast. Mine was done perfectly at 5 hours, so I allow the crockpot to automatically turn off and cool for quite a while before breakfast begins.
Try a test run during the day to see how long your slow cooker takes. If you double the recipe, as I often do…cook time will increase a bit. If desired, add toppings of your choice. Allow to cool, and serve.