Flavor on Flavor! Throw it together…come home to an absolutely delicious dinner!
Slow-cooker is season is here! This is one of THE BEST ways to Eat Clean and keep it simple without sacrificing flavor 🙂 🙂
Makes about 4 servings
- 1.5 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs, or tenders cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 small, fresh pineapple, cut into 1″ chunks
- 1 large red or yellow onion , cut into 1″ pieces
- 1 red, orange yellow bell pepper , cut into 1″
- 3 Tbsps raw honey
- 4 Tbsp raw coconut aminos, liquid amino, or low sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- 2 Tbsp sesame oil, or avocado oil
- 3 fresh garlic cloves , minced
- 1 Tbsp potato starch or cornstarch
- 2-3 Tbsp fresh chopped parsley, for garnish
- Place the chicken to the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Add in the bell pepper, pineapple and onion.
- In a small bowl mix the oil, honey, coconut aminos liquid, chili flakes, grated ginger and garlic.
- Pour this mixture in the slow cooker, then gently mix to combine.
- Cover and cook on LOW for about 5-6 hours or on HIGH for 3-4 hours.
- Add the cornstarch/potato starch to a Tbsp of water, mix, and add to the slow cooker, stir well to combine and cook for an additional 20 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh chopped parsley and serve with cooked brown rice. Enjoy!