Jalapeño Zucchini Frittata Breakfast
Using up those in-season zucchini + adding a bit of spice! This Frittata is perfect for the weekend, and also makes a tasty, nutritious/fast Dinner option!
Add more or less jalapeño, depending on what you like – I like it hot!Makes 3 servings
- 2 Tbsps avocado oil, or extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeño, seeded, & thinly sliced
- 1 medium crisp zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels
- sea salt and pepper to your taste
- 1 tsp dried ground coriander seed
- 6 large eggs
Preheat oven to 350f.
Heat oil in a large, oven-safe skillet over medium heat.
Once hot, add onion and jalapeño, and cook until just tender, for about 4 minutes.
Add zucchini slices, corn and ground coriander and cook for an additional 4-5 minutes.
Season with sea salt and pepper to your taste.
In a bowl, whisk eggs with 1/2 tsp sea salt and pour into skillet with vegetables. Very gently mix to combine.
Transfer skillet to the oven and cook until just set in the middle and lightly golden and puffed on top, about 12-15 minutes.