Jump to recipe
Spicy New Orleans Inspired Shrimp
Go heat up your largest skillet and serve up a big batch of these DELICIOUS fiery shrimp tonight!
Slightly to moderately spicy depending on the hot sauce you choose. Feel free to add more or less hot sauce according to YOUR personal spiciness desires.
Serve your spicy shrimp with a side of brown rice or quinoa, and collard greens or broccoli to round out your meal.
These shrimp are awesome for food prep too! Cooked shrimp stay good in the fridge for 2-3 days.
Makes about 4 servings
- 1.5 lbs raw tiger shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 Tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- sea salt and pepper to taste, about 1/4 teaspoon each
- 4 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsps ghee, clarified butter, or unrefined coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil, or olive oil
- 2 Tbsps hot sauce of your choice
- 1 Tbsp coconut aminos
- juice from 1 fresh lemon
- 2 Tbsps fresh parsley, chopped
Thoroughly rinse your shrimp with cold water and pat the excess moisture with a paper towel.
Place shrimp in a large bowl, then sprinkle shrimp with all dry seasonings and stir well to coat. Allow shimp to marinate, refrigerated for at least 15 minutes, up to an hour.
In a heavy skillet, heat ghee and oil together over medium-high heat.
Once hot, add in minced garlic and sauté for 1 minute.