Spicy Pumpkin Chili
The best darn #PumpkinLovin chili to make in October!
Makes 4-6 servings
- 1 pound lean ground turkey meat
- 2 Tbsp avocado oil, or olive oil
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes, or to taste
- 3 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 2 green bell peppers, diced
- 15 ounces cooked red, chili, OR black beans, rinsed and drained
- 15 ounces cooked chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 15 ounces diced tomatoes, with juice, jar or fresh
- 1/2 cup low sodium broth, or stock (vegetable, chicken, or beef)
- 15 ounces pure pumpkin puree
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp sea salt, or to taste
- Diced avocado
- fresh chopped parsley/cilantro
- sliced red chili
- Greek yogurt
Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat; Add in turkey meat and cook, stirring occasionally until crumbly and no longer pink, about 5-7 minutes.
Stir in the red pepper flakes, diced bell pepper, garlic, and onion; continue cooking until the meat has browned and the onion has softened.
Add in beans, chickpeas, tomatoes, broth, pumpkin puree and spices.
Cover with a lid and cook on low for an additional 20 minutes.
Garnish with your favorite toppings and enjoy!
It’s even better tasting the next day, so double it for #FoodPrep