Spicy Zucchini Pizza Boats
It’s about THAT time of year when zucchinis are EVERYWHERE! Markets, Gardens, and possibly even left on your front doorstep thanks to a generous neighbor who has just had enough! I LOVE LOVE LOVE zucchini, as it’s incredibly versatile for SO many of our beloved CFC recipes…BUT, turning it into lil’ gooey personal sized pizzas is probably my FAVORITE!
Here’s a spicy spin on our Summertime favorite recipe…just to mix things up a bit for our #CRUSHers who like it HOT!There’s really no right or wrong way to make these lil’ fire babies, so go ahead and top them up however you like!
I did include some good tips here, and an extra (but simple) step to ensure you don’t have soggy-wet zucchini pizzas!Makes 6 servings
- 6 medium zucchini, cut in half lengthways
- sea salt
- 2 Tbsps olive oil, or avocado oil
- 1 cup favorite natural marinara sauce
- 2 tsps garlic salt, or to taste
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1.5 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- nitrate free, natural pepperoni slices to taste
- 2-3 jalapeño peppers, thinly sliced
- red pepper flakes
- fresh Italian herbs such as basil or oregano, chopped