Summer Veggie + Marinated Chicken Kabobs
Grilled Kabobs are a Summertime favorite at our house!
Everyone knows it’s going to be a GOOD night when they see mom in the kitchen threading skewers with beautiful food. (Then I holler “don’t just watch me, get over here and help out” lol)
There is just something so FUN and exciting about enjoying delicious food outdoors in the summer weather.
This combo is PERFECT for the end of summer once gardens are overflowing with zucchini and summer squash.
The chicken marinade is super easy and makes these kabobs so darn tasty.
Consider doubling the recipe so you have lunches prepped & ready to go. Stays good in the fridge for 3-4 days.
Serve with brown rice, or quinoa, or cauliflower rice.
For the chicken:
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts and/or thighs
- 2 Tbsps avocado oil, or olive oil
- 4 Tbsps red wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 4 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tbsps dried Provence herbs or Italian seasoning
- sea salt and black pepper, to taste
For the kabobs:
- 1 red onion, chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 1 zucchini, chopped into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 summer squash, chopped into 1/2-inch cubes
- freshly chopped parsley, to garnish
- bamboo skewers soaked in water so they don’t burn or metal skewers
Soak your wooden skewers in water for at least 30 minutes, so they don’t burn on the grill.
Chop your chicken into 1-inch pieces and add it into a large bowl. Add in the rest of the chicken ingredients (oil, vinegar, garlic, herbs, sea salt, and pepper) and toss well to combine. Let your chicken mixture marinate in the fridge for at least 20 minutes, or up to overnight.
Meanwhile, prepare your veggies then heat a grill pan or your outside grill on medium-high heat.
Next, thread one piece of chicken on a skewer, followed by onion, zucchini, red pepper, summer squash, and so on. Repeat until all the ingredients are used.
Grill your skewers for 5-6 minutes on each side, or until chicken is cooked through and no longer pink.
Garnish with freshly chopped parsley and serve hot.