These frittata breakfast muffins are easy to prep ahead of time and make a quick gourmet breakfast option!
Makes 5-6 servings
- 10 large free-range eggs
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond, or coconut milk
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach, chopped
- 6 large cherry tomatoes, to garnish
- 1/2 cup onions, diced
- a small bunch of parsley/cilantro, chopped
- 1 ½ cup mushrooms, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a muffin pan with coconut oil spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk and 1/2 tsp of salt and pepper. Stir in the spinach, onions, mushrooms, pepper and herbs.
- Divide the mixture evenly between the 6 muffin pan cups and bake the muffins for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the egg is fully cooked.
- Remove the muffins from the oven and let them cool for 5 minutes in the pan then use a knife to loosen the muffins from the cups.
Truth is, this frittata isn’t just a great breakfast idea, you could serve this for lunch or dinner too!