Supreme Pizza Chili
Here’s a different spin on several classics for you to try this week!
Heyyy… don’t knock it until you try it out! I believe you’ll be very pleasantly surprised how DELICIOUS and SATISFYING this combination really is!
➡️ Rachel’s Tips:
Add any extra vegetables you may have on hand, such as extra mushrooms, peppers, zucchini, and/or spinach.
I didn’t add beans to my chili this time, but if you want to make a bigger, heartier meal, then add in a few cups of any type of beans such as kidney, or black beans right before simmering.
Be sure to use YOUR favorite marinara sauce or tomato sauce, because that’s where this dish gets a lot of its flavor!
When shopping for store-bought sauce:
I like to make sure the marinara has no added sugar (tomatoes naturally contain sugar, but there shouldn’t be sugar on the ingredients list.)
Marinara sauce, or tomato sauce should only contain just a few simple ingredients such as tomatoes, garlic and herbs.Makes 6 servings
- 1.5 lbs. lean ground turkey, chicken, or grass-fed beef
- 4 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 2 cups chicken, or beef broth
- 1 (15 oz) jar fire-roasted tomatoes, with juice
- 1 (15 oz) jar marinara sauce
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 2 bell peppers, chopped
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. dried oregano
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 Tbsp. avocado oil, or olive oil, divided
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- about 12 thin slices of nitrate-free pepperoni
- 2 Tbsps ground Parmesan cheese