A clean eating meal idea that will make you look AND feel great!
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- ½ cup fresh chopped cilantro/parsley
- 4 cloves fresh garlic, crushed
- 3 tsps raw honey
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1¼ tsp sea salt
- 3 small boneless skinless chicken breasts, OR 4 chicken thigh fillets, skinless
- 6 cups baby mixed salad leaves (spinach, rocket, romaine)
- 1 red pepper bell, deseeded and sliced
- 1 large mango, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 green onion (shallot), peeled and thinly sliced
- Extra cilantro leaves to garnish
- Red chili flakes, to garnish
- In a small bowl, whisk all marinade ingredients together to combine. Pour a third of the marinade into a shallow dish to marinade the chicken filets for one to two hours in the refrigerator.
- Refrigerate the reserved UNTOUCHED marinade to use as a dressing.
- Heat about a teaspoon of oil in a grill pan or skillet over medium-high heat and grill chicken fillets on each side until golden, crispy and cooked through…just a few minutes per side.
- Once chicken is cooked, set aside and allow to rest.
- Wipe pan over with paper towel; drizzle with another teaspoon of oil and grill or fry peppers until soft.
- In a large bowl or platter, Place the mixed salad leaves, mango, avocado and green onion.
- Slice chicken into strips and add it to the salad together with the peppers.
- Drizzle with remaining, unused dressing, toss and serve.