Healthier Sweet & Spicy Chicken
These crispy-saucy, lil’ bite sized, sweet & spicy chicken morsels are just as tasty as the restaurant versions we all love.
If you’re using fresh pressed garlic and grated fresh ginger root, (not powder) this will give your dish an amazing, tangy-fresh melt-in-your-mouth flavor that definitely beats out the restaurants!
You can add more or less red pepper flakes and/or hot sauce, depending on your own heat preference.
I highly recommend adding this to your regular meal prep ideas!
Simply add 4-5 ounces of this chicken into your glass meal prep containers, alongside 1/2 cup brown rice, and 1 cup of steamed broccoli.
Seal up those containers, then place them in the fridge for future meals.
Lasts up to 4 days.
Makes 4-6 servings
- 2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts, tenders, or thighs, cut into 1” bite-sized pieces
- 1/3 cup gluten-free flour
- 2 tsp fresh grated garlic, or garlic powder
- 2 tsp fresh grated ginger, or ginger powder
- 2 Tbsps sesame oil
- 1 large red bell pepper, diced
- 1 large carrot, diced small
- 2 green onions or scallions, finely sliced
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes, or to taste
- sea salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste about 1/4 teaspoon each
For the sauce:
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos, Bragg’s liquid aminos, or low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup chicken bone broth
- 2-3 Tbsps raw honey (depending on your sweetness preference)
- 1 tsp garlic powder, or fresh grated garlic
- 1 tsp favorite hot sauce (optional)
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger, or freshly grated
- 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- tiny pinch of sea salt