Sweet + Spicy Saucy Orange Salmon
This entire meal will come together in under a half an hour, but you’ll receive praise as if you just cooked for many HOURS! So as far as I’m concerned, this is the ideal meal situation to be in.
Wild salmon contains an antioxidant called astaxanthin, this is what makes the wild salmon meat a beautiful dark pink to red color. It’s because of its natural diet!
Although wild-caught salmon typically costs a bit more than farmed salmon, it’s definitely worth its weight!
Wild-caught salmon has more vitamins, minerals, and anti-inflammatory benefits.
I typically only purchase salmon when I’m perusing the seafood counter and notice wild-caught salmon is on SALE….then it’s on!
Serve over brown rice, with a side of fresh chopped cucumbers with vinegar.
Makes 4 servings
- 1 Tbsp olive oil, or avocado oil
- 4 (5 or 6-oz) wild-caught salmon fillets
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 green onions, finely sliced
Sweet + Spicy Orange Sauce:
- 2 cups freshly squeezed orange juice
- 4 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1 small sweet onion, finely chopped or grated
- 1 Tbsp fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1/4 cup no sugar added orange marmalade
- 2 Tbsps apple cider vinegar
- 1 red chili, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 Tbsps gluten-free flour, or Arrowroot powder
- Cooked brown rice, chopped cucumbers drizzled with apple cider vinegar, sea salt & white pepper