Jump to recipe
Taco Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
Try em’ out AND add them to your weekly line-up!Makes 4 servings
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 diced yellow onion
- 1 Tbsp taco seasoning
- sea salt and pepper to your taste
- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup diced fresh tomatoes
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 3 Tbsp fresh chopped cilantro
- 1 jalapeño, seeded + thinly sliced
- 1 red chili, seeded + thinly sliced
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees f.
Pierce the potatoes a few times with a fork and place on a baking sheet.
Bake for about 40-45 minutes, or until tender.
Meanwhile, preheat a large skillet over med-high heat.
Once hot, add in oil, taco seasoning, diced onion, and minced turkey, and let it brown lightly, stirring occasionally.
Once your potatoes are done baking, allow to cool slightly, then slice vertically.
Fill each potato with 2-3 big spoonfuls of turkey meat, then add in tomatoes, cabbage, jalapeño or chili and green onion.
Drizzle with Greek yogurt and sprinkle with fresh chopped cilantro.