Super Tasty Chimichurri Shrimp
In just about 15 minutes from now, you can be enjoying these bright, zesty, chimichurri shrimp!
No need to heat up your oven (and the entire house!)… they cook quickly in a skillet for a few minutes, which makes this a great recipe to make in the Summertime!
➡️ Rachel’s Tips:
Sauces such as chimichurri, or dressings receive a lot of their flavors from the olive oil, so you REALLY want to make sure that you actually like the taste of the oil you’re using!
Do a taste test to make sure the oil isn’t too strong for your preferences because these shrimp WILL TASTE like the oil that you use.
I love purchasing oils that are sold in dark glass bottles, organic if possible (buy when they’re on sale!)
- 2 lbs. Jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
For your Chimichurri sauce:
- 1/2 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, stems removed
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves, stems removed
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves, stems removed
- 3 cloves fresh garlic, sliced
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsps red wine vinegar, or apple cider vinegar
- Juice and zest of one lemon
- 1 small red chili, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp sea salt