A creative Clean Eating diner idea that’s quick, simple and DELICIOUS! 💚Makes about 2-3 servings
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced
- 2 Tbsps avocado oil, or olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup light soy sauce, or coconut aminos
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1 Tbsp raw honey
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch, or potato starch
- 1 cup sliced green onions, divided
- 1 fresh garlic clove, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 8 oz mushrooms, chopped
- 1 cup grated carrots
- Romaine or iceberg lettuce leaves, for serving
- 1/2 cup roasted peanuts (optional)
- Heat 1 Tbsp of oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium- high heat. Add chicken and sautee for about 4-5 minutes, or until cooked through, tossing occasionally. Transfer chicken to a plate.
- While chicken is cooking, whisk together soy sauce, water, cornstarch and honey, set aside.
- Heat remaining oil in the same skillet over medium- high heat. Add garlic, bell pepper, mushrooms, carrots and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Pour the sauce into the skillet. Add chicken, toss and warm through.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds, green onions and serve over lettuce leaves.
These are great for the whole family, and they can put them together on their own! 🙂