Thai Chicken Soup with Zucchini Noodles
We woke up to over a foot of fresh snow the morning that I first made this soup…and canceled school which only happens every few years.
Nothing better than a warming, nutritious soup on a cold day!
This soup contains many restorative ingredients. If you’re healing from an illness, excessive inflammation, or a recent surgery, the combination of bone broth + fresh lemon juice + fresh garlic + fresh ginger = a combination that will help to support your body (and soul) mend.
I often add in additional fresh garlic, ginger, and fresh lemon juice to my soups, so the ingredients listed below are a starting point, but don’t hesitate to add ingredients to your own personal preferences.
Makes 6 servings
- 2 lbs skinless boneless chicken breasts or thighs
- 1 large fresh lime or lemon, the juice of
- 2 Tbsps avocado oil, unrefined coconut oil, or olive oil
- 1 large sweet yellow onion, finely diced
- 4-5 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp fresh ginger, minced
- 2 sweet bell peppers, diced
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 3 cups chicken bone broth
- 1 (14.5 oz) jar tomato sauce, or chopped tomatoes with juice
- 1 (14.5 oz) can unsweetened organic coconut milk
- sea salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste, about 1/4 teaspoon each
- 3 medium zucchini, spiralized
- A small bunch of fresh cilantro leaves stems removed.
- 1 red chili, sliced to garnish
- fresh lime wedges to garnish