Thai Cucumber + Mango Salad
A FRESH, crisp salad or side idea that is PACKED with unique flavors and fresh veggies! Makes 2 servings
- 1 large ripe mango
- 1 large, red sweet bell pepper, cut in thin strips
- a handful of baby Boston lettuce leaves, sliced
- 2 green onions, sliced finely
- 1 large cucumber, skin left on
- 1 red chili, diced finely
- handful of roasted peanuts, chopped
- fresh cilantro and/or mint, chopped
Homemade Thai Dressing:
- 3 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 small, fresh garlic clove, pressed or minced
- 3 Tbsps coconut aminos, or light soy sauce
- 1 tsp raw honey
- freshly ground pepper, to taste
Using a special peeler; cut cucumber, and mango into ribbons or julienne. I used a mandolin found on Amazon for this salad.
Whisk all the dressing ingredients together in a small glass bowl.
In a large salad bowl, gently mix all salad ingredients besides the peanuts.
Drizzle the freshly made dressing on top, and adjust seasoning.
Sprinkle with peanuts for a crunchy texture.