- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 shallots, diced
- 2 small fresh red chili peppers, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped lemon grass
- 2 1/8 cups organic chicken stock
- 4 cups peeled and diced pumpkin
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 bunch fresh basil leaves
- In a medium saucepan, heat olive oil and coconut oil over low heat. Cook garlic, shallots, chilies, and lemongrass in oil until fragrant (don’t burn the garlic!).
- Stir in chicken stock, coconut milk, and pumpkin; bring to a boil. Cook until pumpkin softens.
- In a blender, blend the soup in batches to a smooth or slightly chunky consistency, depending on your preference.
- Serve with fresh basil leaves.