Jump to recipe
Beautiful Tropical Smoothie Bowls with Spirulina
These tropical smoothie bowls are SO fun to create and share on a day when the sun is shining bright!
#PineappleLove! Have you ever tried Spirulina? Just one serving contains an excellent source of vitamins A, K1, K2, B12 and iron, manganese and chromium, a rich source of health-giving phytonutrients More iron than spinach, 600% more protein than tofu, 280% more antioxidants than blueberries.
Health benefits include:
- Strengthened immune system
- Boosted energy levels
- Supported cellular health
- Cardiovascular, eye and brain health
Makes 2 bowls/servings
- 1 1/2 cups freshly chopped pineapple pieces + fresh juice created while cutting
- 1 frozen banana, sliced
- 1/2 Tbsp organic spirulina powder
- 2-4 Tbsp unsweetened coconut water
- 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder (optional)
- Handful of fresh, or frozen berries to garnish
To create the Pineapple bowls, cut a small pineapple in half, keeping the green crown on.
Scoop out the flesh with a spoon.
Carefully cut and discard the hard center, then place the fruit and juices in a blender.
Add the remaining ingredients and blend until smooth.
Pour the fresh smoothie into the pineapple bowls and top with frozen berries.